Description of Pre-Kindergarten
Our Pre-Kindergarten Program is designed to to include experiences which provide growth:
Intellectually, emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually.
We use primarily A Beka Curriculum, giving students biblical truth with time-tested academics. www.abeka.com
Our curriculum for Pre-Kindergarten includes:
Bible Activity Book, ABC-123, Writing with Phonics K4, Readiness Skills K4, Art Projects K4, Little Books 1-12 (starts with basic vowel sounds and goes on to consonants, blends words and simple sentences).
Pre-Kindergarten helps to prepare students for Kindergarten. Our goals and objectives:
* to develop self expression through music and crafts, and learning centers
* to develop self-control
* to develop interest and joy of learning
* to develop responsibility and resourcefulness and to become comfortable in a group setting where they both learn to be quiet and listen to the teacher or participate in fun-filled noisy activities.
* to build your child's self-esteem
* to help your child learn how to share and care for others
* to help your child develop good listening habits
* to develop good manners
* to help make your child aware of the world around them
* to teach your child that God loves them
Our Pre-Kindergarten students will graduate at the end of the school term with a diploma and cap and gown ceremony.
6:30 - 8:00 am Learning Centers Tuesday - Chapel in Sanctuary 10 am
8:00 - 8:30 am Breakfast Thursday - Exercise in Gym 10:30 am
8:30 - 11:00 am Classroom/Learning
11:00 - 11:30 am Lunch
11:30 - 12:30 am Classroom/Learning
12:30 - 2:30 pm Nap/Quiet Time
2:30 - 3:00 pm Wake up/Snack
3:00 - 6:00 pm Outdoor play/Gym/Media Room
What age do they have to be?
Pre-Kindergarten students have to be 4 years of age by September 30th.